Handcraft


We were in Vancouver last month for the Springsteen concert, and, with a couple of extra hours to kill before show time, I showed our youngest son, Mike, the place where I used to live:  1516 Burnaby St. I brought a couple of black-and-white photos from that time and tried to better use the photographedmonton technique I discovered here.

This time it worked better, so I was happy about that. But I should have experimented with the now shot in colour for a different effect of the passage of time.

Then, Mike gave it a shot with a different photo from back in the day:



What I didn't realize until looking at the two now-and-then pics was the passage-of-time effect achieved by having my left hand turn into his. That will always be a thrill of my low level of photography: seeing what you didn't see at the time, even if it was right at your fingertips.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Strange, Wonderful, Wonderful, Strange Bike Ride Home Today

True Grid

Cubs Win!